Bhel is a highly popular dish in North India. The main ingredient is roasted or shallow fried puffed rice. There are lots of raw vegetables and two highly nutritious dips (chutneys) added to the puffed rice.
This is my own (Rima Desai’s) unique recipe to make your bhel even more nutritious:
- Mix veggies of your choice – cucumber, corn, onion, potato, tomato, broccoli, carrot, onion, etc. lightly salted
- Roasted cashew, peanut and almond powder all mixed together
- Raisins and pomegranate – optional
- Cilantro chutney (dip) and Tamarind + dates chutney (dip)
- Ready Bhel mix or home roasted kurmura (puffed rice) mixed with bhujia (sev or fried Bengal gram snack)
- Chaat masala and cilantro.
MIX IT ALL and feast!