Hey All You COFFEE LOVERS. For years now my friends have asked me for my coffee recipe and so here is how I make it and why you won’t find it elsewhere! Cold Coffee is called Iced Coffee in USA. It is my favorite, quick recipe to drink on hot summer days. Now this is an old post, I am re-sharing because over the years my coffee has remained true to it’s heroic talent.
So welcome Arizona, to yet another year of a heated mess. Although I love the heat any way, I love it even more with my Cold aka Iced Coffee. What I hate about iced coffee from Starbucks or elsewhere is that they pack with a load of ice with coffee and dairy that tastes very separated, non-blended and unappealing. Or, they pack it up with froth and cream that is heavy fat and sugar, unnecessary for making a tantalizing coffee shake.
Yesterday i.e. on May 6th, 2018, I made this cold coffee once again for my daughter’s teacher and that too without any sugar in it and with v. little dairy. She loved it and sipped every inch to the bottom.
– Cold milk of any kind: Dairy or Non-dairy: 250 ml
– Instant Coffee Powder: Nescafe normal or African coffee powder
-Sugar / Stevia / Agave: as needed
-Spices: Pinch of Cinnamon Powder or Cardamom Powder, pinch of Ginger Powder
-2-3 ice cubes, blender and a Coffee-ing Heart
HOW TO MAKE IT:
– Add milk, sugar, coffee and ice. Be sure not to overdo the ice beyond 2-3 cubes . Blend it. Taste it for sugar and modify the sugar as needed.
- LOVE: I make it with immense love. I love coffee and love making it for others!
- CREATIVE: I have never looked up any coffee recipe, let alone other recipes. I am not the person who can be patient reading recipes, I rather create one of my own!
- SPICES: Cinnamon powder and ginger powder. Appx. 2 pinches in each glass.
- OTHER STUFF: 4 med. sized ice cubes per glass, blender, milk (any), sugar, coffee.
- Other times I switch the cinnamon for cardamom. Cinnamon gives a spicy ‘kick’ and cardamom gives it sweetness, choose either.